Carrie and I have been praying for opportunities to exercise our gifts and passion for ministering with college-age students. Over the past couple of months we have been conversing with several in leadership at our church and have decided to launch a new college ministry to begin this Sunday. We are excited about the opportunity to teach a Sunday school class again and beginning this fall a Wednesday night study or group gathering.
For the summer on Sunday mornings we are going to do a movie skit/scene study, in which each week we will view a movie clip with potentially spiritual meaning and application. One of the early ones for sure will come from "The Truman Show," a movie which my wife despises and thinks is boring, but which I love dearly (esp. its conclusion).
So if you have a good movie clip/scene to recommend that may contain teachable material, drop a comment or send me an email. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The Truman Show was filmed in Seaside which is like 30 minutes from my house. You couldn't throw a stick in my town for months without hitting someone who was somehow involved in the making of the Truman Show. I even know the man who built the fire grates in the scene where he's trying to get out of town and the road catches on fire.
Do college kids really need more study time? But if it's movie-related ...
The Matrix Trillogy
Lord of the Rings Trillogy
The Replacements (the whole movie is about a Christ-figure)
... more as I think of them :)
Post a Comment