Hey all,
Just wanted to send a quick note to let you know that I'm leaving for a 2-week visit to Manchester, England on Tuesday (2 June). The purpose of the visit is to get acquainted with the facilities, the library and their resources, my secondary supervisor (Dr. Thomas Noble), and the city so that when I go for an 8-week visit next year, I'll be able to navigate the city, the materials, etc. with much more ease.
So pray that in the midst of a city where I'll be surrounded by strangers that my introvertedness doesn't consume me so much that I don't taste of the culture and enjoy myself. I must confess that I am a bit nervous, but also anticipating this visit (my first time out of the country, I'm sad to say).
Pax!
28 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so excited for you!! I'll be praying for you (and Carrie, Sam and Julianne) as you travel. Enjoy your time there!!! Will you get to travel any outside of Manchester?
I think I may save traveling to other parts next year when I'll be there for 8 weeks. For sure, I'm already scheduled to be in Edinburgh in 2010 so I'll at least get to visit Scotland next year. But I'll want to visit London, Oxford, Ireland and maybe some of the Continent, too. My flight goes through Amsterdam, but airports don't really count for visiting, esp. since the layovers there are only about 1-2 hours.
Post a Comment