01 May 2008

TR's once again

Well, here we go again. Today starts a third rendezvous with Tony Roma's for me. The good thing about this go-round is that I think it has a more definitive endpoint...namely, the beginning of the fall semester. Then I hope to subsitute teach at local schools, which is good money, very flexible (you can always say "no"), and nights and weekends off!

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to reconnecting with old friends there, most of whom are in management now, but oh well! And I'm also excited about the change in hours at the restaurant...they close an hour earlier than when I was last there (and there is new ownership...woohoo!!!). I do also look forward to the conversations that will most certainly arise during down time, rolling silverware, opening up, and closing down.

I first started working there 5 years ago...I was reminiscing with Carrie yesterday what all has changed in five years: graduated college and seminary, got married, change in career path, have had a child, worked 2 or 3 other jobs and about to start the Ph.D. Not to mention quite a few more grey hairs and a pound or fifteen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I can't believ you went back (AGAIN!), I know that everyone there is so excited to have you. Especially Nathan - even if he doesn't show it. :) Keep an eye on my boys for me. :)